2. Allow to apply a spray-on sealant. Most sisal rugs manufacturer offer one and sealing will protect extensive damage from spills and traffic.
3.Vacuum your sisal rug often. This will keep the fine dust and dirt particles from damaging the fibers of the rug. Vacuum cleaner is the perfect thing to keep your sisal rug clean and a broom is also beneficial for maintaining your rug dust,dirt and filth free.
4.Remove spills and stains as quickly as possible. Spills on sisal will bring the dirt up from inside the rug almost instantly will cause stain. Continuous vacuuming can minimize this condition as will responsive spill clean up. Immediately mark any spill, even water, on a sisal rug with a dry cloth. Do not use any kind of liquid in a sisal rug. This will not only make the potential stain worse, it can be the reason of permanent damage of the rug.
5 .Have rugs professionally cleaned once a year.
- Vacuum your shag pile rug twice in a week to avoid the build-up of dirt and grime. Check with the shaggy rug manufacturer to see what type of vacuum is recommended(just turn the rug and you will find a sticker). Clean most shaggy rugs using a vacuum cleaner without teeth or combs; beater bar action vacuums are recommended. Rake longer length pile rugs instead of vacuuming them. Take care when vacuum your shaggy rugs as loops or fibres in shag pile rugs can become caught up and pulled in vacuum brush rollers.If shag pile is extra long then vacuum them very slowly.Change the direction in which you vacuum your shaggy rugs. By changing pattern, you can lift more dirt and grime from the rug.
- Lift and carry smaller shaggy area rugs, and take them outside to clean. Hang smaller rugs over something strong like a clothes line, and paddle them to remove dusty fluff and dirt build-up.
- Determine what type of material your shaggy pile rug is made from. Synthetic materials include polyester and nylon. Natural materials can include wool, leather, angora or cotton. Normal chemicals cannot be used to clean rugs with natural fibers.It can cause permanent damage to your rug
- By blotting out any excess moisture, remove marks and stains from your shag pile rug . Use clean micro fibre cloths to remove the with warm soapy water. If you do not get the better result, you may need to call a professional Shaggy Rug Cleaner.
- Professionally clean your shag pile rug at least once a year to keep it clean, lush and full. Some shag pile rug warranty agreements will be cancelled if the shaggy rug is not cleaned once per year.